Wednesday, November 5, 2008

random post

Dearest Family and friends!

How are you all? I hope everyone is well and would love to hear from those at least a few words as an update! I even love hearing every day activities, like what you ate for lunch or who won the latest sports game! These are like little treasures I love coming across when I can!

I am currently in Thies! I just arrived and pleasantly can use my friends computer again to type this before hand and save me both time and energy trying to type everything out on a computer with a different keyboard than I am used to and paid time! So I just returned to the training center after my last trip to Mbour! I said goodbye to my family there and wont see them for another three months at least! Its crazy this part of my journey is almost over, and I will be swearing in this Friday, November 7th! As a stage, we go to Dakar and have a little celebration at the ambassadors house and then come back to Thies for a party where one of our family members from our village stays will be! They will have lots of food and a celebration ceremony of some sort.

After that I will be leaving for Tambacounda. I will be in Tambacounda getting ready and buying things I need until November 12th and then I actually move to Maleme Niami that afternoon! I met two counterparts at the counterpart workshop we had here at the center a little over a week ago and I am both excited and really nervous about finally making the trek out to my place of residence for the next two years! I have yet to get my address for that location but will for sure post it when I get it! So if you are writing, or sending a package, hold off on sending it to the training center location and wait for me to post a new address, otherwise I might not get any of those things until February when I for sure will be back in Thies!

Hopefully by the time this is posted, I will finally have pictures posted too! That has been crazy and annoying trying to figure out how to get them on but hopefully I will have a system figured out by the time I am in my village! Sorry it has taken so long!

Well this post is much more informational than I thought it would be! I will try to get a post out before I head to Tamba or while I am there! Please please keep me updated on your life too! I love hearing how things are going in the states and am definitely separated from everything going on there so any tidbits are great! All my love to you all! You have no idea how many of you come to my mind when I am doing random things here! I miss you and love you all and hope all is well wherever you are!

Much Love!!!

Jessica

1 comment:

Tom Scates said...

Jessica,
It was good to talk to you last Saturday, Nov. 8. We are glad that you are doing so well.

You will be pleased to know that Nebraska beat Kansas in football, 45-35. Their record is now 6-4 and they are bowl eligible now. Their next two games are Kansas St. on Nov. 15 and the traditional Colorado game on Nov. 28. The Nebraska volleyball team is also doing well, only one loss (to Colorado) this season. They are currently ranked 3rd in the nation.

We have had several hard freezes so the flowers and vegetables have bit the dust. The leaves are all gone from the Maple tree too.

Oliver is at the vets today. He is getting fixed (neutered) and an ID chip put in place.
Love ya.
Dad